Information and Data we receive or collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. When you register for an account with Velastion, and when you use the Services, we may collect some Personal Information about you (“Collected Data”), such as:
● Your full name, username, and email address and other contact details
● The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
● A unique user ID (an alphanumeric string) that may be assigned to you by us
● Other optional information as part of your account profile
● Your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
● Other information submitted by you or your representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, surveys, etc)
● Information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services.
● Information relating to an individual’s real time location.
Velastion may also automatically collect and receive certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies.
How we use Collected Data
Velastion may use Collected Data for the following general purposes:
● To identify you when you log in to your account.
● To enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you.
● To analyze the Website or other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior in order to improve our content and Services.
● To contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions.
● To market and provide products or services to you.
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users.
● To keep the Services safe and secure.
● We use information as otherwise described or permitted by law or as we may notify you
● We also may use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment such as Stripe and Paypal and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators. We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as European Commision EU VAT database.
When we may share Personal Information
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Velastion;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated, or is otherwise non-Personal Information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
Information may also be transferred from Velastion to the third parties in control of the supported platforms, but only to the extent required in order for the Services to function properly.
Age Limitations for Children
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age. Our Services are not directed to or intended to be used by persons under 13.
If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or Applications or on or through any of their features, register on the Website or Applications, make any purchases through the Website or Applications, use any of the interactive or public comment features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use on the Website or Applications.
If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Please bear in mind that the submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. You are responsible for the connection that you’re using. Please avoid connecting to unknown hotspots that you don't trust and that could potentially collect your data. We cannot guarantee the security of information that you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Velastion by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing emails.
You may contact us to obtain a copy of your Personal Information that is held by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You may also ask us to correct and, if relevant, erase that information. Please note that Velastion may need to retain certain Personal Information for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law.
California Resident Notice
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write, call or send an email to the below contact.
Disclosures of your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Online Course platform provider Zenler.com who will be data processor of your data. We have entered into a data processing addendum with Zenler to process your data.
- Other companies in our group who provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
- Service providers who provide cloud infrastructure, video hosting, live video platforms, email provider, IT and system administration services, including but not limited to:
- - Amazon and AWS
- - Sendgrid
- - FileStack
- - Vimeo
- - Zoom
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities. require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
Our Online course platform Zenler provider based in the UK is our data processor and we have entered into data processing agreement for the processor to protect your personal data. We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. Where we use providers based in the United States (for example Amazon, Sendgrid) we may transfer data to them where we have signed data processing addendums for the provider to provide protection of data shared between the Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Third Party Links
We may include links to third-party websites, add-ons and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
How to contact us
If you have additional questions about the privacy practices of any entity other than this Velastion Website, please consult with them directly using the support resources or contact information located on their respective websites.